Our team visits the properties in-person. Regular quality checks. Detailed, honest descriptions of the accommodation. Guaranteed authentic customer reviews. Best rental prices for our customers!
The corona virus has affected all our lives and is raising many questions. To keep you informed as much as possible, please find below the most frequently asked questions, and corresponding answers, regarding the Corona pandemic.
Do you have a general question? Please find our FAQs here.
(1) What are the decisions & measures taken by the Interhome Group for cancellations during the corona pandemic based on?
The Interhome Group bases its decisions and measures on the official instructions, the travel warnings of the official bodies and the national or regional regulations.
(2) Can I cancel my booking free of charge due to the Corona pandemic?
We have summarised all the measures taken by the Interhome Group and the decisions regarding cost-free cancellations on the website www.interhome.group/en/coronavirus. All the information provided is checked and updated regularly. Please also note the possibility of rebooking (see point 12).
(3) Do I have to meet a deadline to be able to cancel a booking free of charge due to the corona pandemic?
Yes, in order to accept our offer of a cancellation free of charge or to change your reservation, you need to contact us within the stipulated time period. If a booking is cancelled before or after the given time period or if the arrival does not take place without prior notification, the general cancellation fees apply according to our terms and conditions. Please see the requirements at www.interhome.group/en/coronavirus.
(4) Is a cancellation free of charge also possible if everyday life at the holiday destination is restricted but there is no travel warning?
If there are unavoidable, exceptional circumstances at the holiday location or in its immediate vicinity that significantly affect the performance of the trip (in the case of the Interhome Group providing the accommodation service) or in the transportation of people to their destination, the Interhome Group will allow a cancellation free of charge. This is not the case if it is just individual local infrastructure (e.g. mountain railways restaurants, bars, indoor pools etc.), properties or facilities that have limited use. Please also see our website www.interhome.group/en/coronavirus and note the deadlines as specified here.
(5) What happens if it is not possible to leave your home country or enter the destination without passing through another country with restrictions?
If an official order (restrictions, quarantine) or a travel warning has been issued, the Interhome Group will allow a free cancellation. The affected countries and measures can be found at www.interhome.group/en/coronavirus.
(6) What happens if the means of transport (flight, ferry) to the accommodation has been cancelled?
If there are no official regulations, the booking of the holiday accommodation remains in place and the general travel conditions apply.
(7) If my booking is cancelled due to the Corona pandemic, when do I receive a refund of any payment made?
We process all refunds as soon as possible. Due to the current situation and the corresponding increased workload, there may be delays of up to 2-3 weeks. We therefore ask for your understanding and patience.
(8) Will the down payment and the final payment refunds be made at different times?
If the down payment and the balance payment have been paid using different methods, it is possible that the refunds are made at different times.
(9) Is it possible for the Interhome Group to issue vouchers instead of refunds for cancellations due to the Corona pandemic?
It is possible to issue a travel voucher. Please contact our Customer Service team for more information and please have your booking details to hand.
(10) Will the insurance cover any cancellation costs incurred during the Corona pandemic?
In the event of a pandemic, the insurance cover does not usually reimburse cancellation costs and the general insurance conditions continue to apply.
(11) Will the cancellation costs be reimbursed afterwards if an official decision or travel restriction has been issued at a later date?
A subsequent reimbursement of the cancellation costs is not possible if there was no official decision or travel warning at the time of cancellation. In this case, the general travel conditions of the Interhome Group apply.
(12) What rebooking options do customers have if they are looking to change their booking due to the Corona pandemic?
The Interhome Group has adjusted the rebooking options as follows during the Corona pandemic:
All reservations can be rebooked free of charge up to 43 days before the start of the trip. There are no restrictions on the travel period, the travel destination for the rebooking or new booking.
(13) What precautionary measures regarding the disinfection of the holiday homes and apartments are being taken by the Interhome Group in the wake of the Corona pandemic?
The Interhome Group is following the Robert Koch Institute’s recommendations on general hygiene precautions and is making them available to owners, keyholders and on-site service staff. Find more detailed information here.
(14) Is there a mandatory testing for the Coronavirus if I travel abroad?
Yes, some countries require a negative Covid-19 test result upon entering. Please follow the current official requirements at your holiday destination as well as any transit countries which you will travel through.